To be a graduate in Civil Engineering or related qualification: Mechanical, Naval, Mining or Aeronautical Engineering; Geology; in exceptional cases candidates who have other scientific or technological training courses may be admitted, at the discretion of the Graduate Committee. Applicants for the Ph.D. program must hold a Master’s degree.
Selection of Candidates
Candidates are selected based on their academic background, curriculum vitae, work plan, letters of reference and, if necessary, interviews with candidates for Ph.D.. The outcome of this trial is communicated to all enrolled applicants through a letter from the Department’s Graduate Coordination. Accepted applicants should communicate immediately with the Coordination, confirming or not confirming their intention to enroll in the course.
- Application form duly completed.
- Two reference sheets signed by different teachers.
- Copy of the Bachelor’s diploma or certificate of completion of the Bachelor’s course. For the Ph.D. candidate, also attach a copy of the Master’s degree or certificate of completion of the Master’s course. If the student is still in the last period, he/she should send a declaration from his/her university certifying that, if he/she is approved in the courses in which he/she is enrolled, he/she will then complete the course at the end of the current semester.
- Academic Records of the undergraduate course (candidates for Master’s and Doctorate) and Master’s course (doctoral candidates).
- A 3 x 4 photograph and a 2 x 2 photograph.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Birth or Marriage Certificate.
- The registration must be made online through the electronic address http://www.ccpa.puc-rio.br/inscricao_pos/
- All documentation, except for reference letters, should be posted electronically.
- The reference letters should be sent to: Department of Civil Engineering, Graduate Program – Marquês de São Vicente Street, 225, C.E.P.22453-900, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
- May 1 until June 30, to begin the course in August.
- October 1 to November 20, to begin the course in March of the following year
- Former student of PUC-Rio: R $ 50,00
- External Candidate: R $ 100.00
- The Registration and Registration Division – DAR, from PUC-Rio, as of 2011.1, will only accept registrations of foreign students in our graduate programs that have their previous diplomas validated at the Brazilian consulates and embassies in the countries of origin. This requirement will not be valid if the student is in the PUC-Rio Master’s Degree and requests admission to the Doctorate.
- Only applications for admission that have the complete documentation and delivered within the stipulated deadlines will be examined.
- The reference sheets mentioned above must be sent by the teachers directly to the Department of Civil Engineering, to the care of the Graduate Secretary.
- The courses can be carried out under full or partial dedication. Part-time students may apply for exemption from school fees; the full-time ones can apply for paid scholarships, in addition to exemption from school fees.
- Applications for admission (except reference sheets) should be sent to: Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro
DAR – Board of Admission and Registration
Graduate Section (Civil Engineering)
Marquês de São Vicente Street, 225
22453 900, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil.